Getting started on web test automation
On this website we have put together a web test automation framework, that is completely free to run locally! The solution is a combination of multiple open source programming languages or plug-ins for this language.
To get an understanding of what is exactly used, please read #Software used for the web test automation framework. Else feel free to start installing the necessary tools.
Steps to having a running web test automation solution
- Installing the required software
- Creating your first project
- Basic explanation of what a TA project will contain
- Writing dry test cases
- How to be most efficient writing your scenario's
- Running your project
- More information on running your scenario's
- Also explains how to @tag them and make different profiles.
- Adding action to your test cases
- Will go into detail about the basics of putting a "click" behind a described step.
Software used for the web test automation framework